Do you have crooked teeth? Would you like straighter teeth?
Patients are beginning to realise that it's not too late to have straighter teeth as an adult. Orthodontics is now for everyone! You're never too old to straighten your teeth! Many people often think that if you don't have treatment as a child that nothing can be done - not true! Some are put of by the thought of wearing unsightly 'train-track' braces for up to 3 years - no need to worry!Briarmeads Dental Practice offer a host of solutions to help patients achieve the smiles they've always wanted. Patients want removable, invisible, fast solutions to their crooked teeth and we try to accommodate them when we can. The treatments available at the practice include Invisalign® invisible braces, the Inman Aligner and 6 Month Smiles
Invisalign® achieves straighter teeth by a series of custom-made "Aligners" that move teeth incrementally. Each set is worn for about two weeks, then replaced by the next in the series until the final position is achieved.
What are the primary benefits of Invisalign®?
- They are nearly invisible - you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
- They are removable - you can eat and drink what you want in treatment; you can also brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene.
- They are comfortable - there are no metal brackets or wires to cause mouth irritation; no metal or wires also means you spend less time in the dentist's chair getting adjustments.
- They allow you to view your own virtual treatment plan before you start - so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
However Invisalign® may not be for everyone - when you come for your consultation we can advise you on this.
At Briarmeads Dental Practice we also offer the latest in orthodontic technology that can move your teeth to the desired position in as little as 6-16 weeks.
- The wires are discreet, small and tooth-coloured
- Discomfort is kept to a minimum as the teeth are gently repositioned
- Treatment time is reduced by over 50%
- Price - around half that of alternatives
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How is it possible to straighten my teeth in so short a time?
A: The Inman Aligner uses the most up-to-date technology and techniques in orthodontics
Q: Will it hurt?
A: There can be discomfort at the beginning of treatment but this is generally mild and you soon get used to it.
Q: Will I need to wear a retainer after treatment?
A: As with all orthodontic treatments your teeth do tend to try and move back. We will supply you with a night-time retainer
Q: How much does it cost?
A: We will need to see you for a consultation to determine this but it is likely to be half that of other orthodontic alternatives
Why not arrange a consultation with us by calling 0116 271 0500 or via our Contact page?
6 Month Smiles
6 Month Smiles braces in Leicester
6 Month Smiles can deliver wonderful smiles
After - a delighted patient!
Have you considered tooth straightening (orthodontics) but have been put off by wearing braces for 2 years?
Or perhaps you have memories of those train track braces that we remember as children and cannot face them?!
Then we have the answer for you! We are one of the few practices in Leicester that can offer you a fantastic treatment called 6 Month Smiles. Key benefits of the treatment include:
- Wires and brackets are tooth coloured so very discreet
- Treatment times are massively reduced from those of traditional orthodontics
- Costs greatly reduced
Whatever your issue, whether it be an overbite, crowding or spaces, it is likely that 6 Month Smiles can help.
What happens during treatment?
We will decide if the treatment is suitable for you and if we believe it is, we will take photographs and, if necessary, x-rays.
If you commence treatment we will then fit the tooth coloured brackets and wires. We will then see you every 3-4 weeks for a brief 15 minute appointment just to check that everything is progressing as it should and to make any minor adjustments.
You may feel some minor discomfort at the start of treatment but this soon passes.
If you have any further questions you are always welcome to call us on 0116 270 0500, or email us through our Contact Page.
To see real patients and the work they have had carried out at Briarmeads, please take a look at our Gallery.